15 Nov 2021
Road – Armadale Access Alliance Asphalt Works – WA
Construction dates: November 2020 – November 2021
Construction value: $146 million
Client: Boral Resources (WA) Pty Ltd
- Construction of a four-lane carriageway between Armadale Road & North Lake Road,
- New bridge over Kwinana Freeway,
- North facing on and off ramps at Kwinana Freeway,
- Modifications to the surrounding roads and intersections.
- 4x asphalt surveyors for the entire project,
- Lead surveyor on-site for QA conformance and design management,
- Subbase, “thick lift” and wearing course set out. Conformance for all layers were required,
- Preparation of paving plan in conjunction with Boral site supervisor,
- Management of Boral’s reporting system on a daily basis of the areas and volumes completed along with monthly reports and summaries of overall asphalt placements,
- Dayshift and nightshift for up to 3x thick lift asphalt crews.